Monday, July 29, 2013

California Dreams

Friends and Family,
Starting a blog since arriving in the States has certainly been a desire for me. I have been super busy though, and therefore have not had the opportunity until now. These notes will be an effective way of sharing about where I am, what I'm doing and where I'm going. I am so looking forward to communicating my vision and aspirations.


The fact that I am now hanging out in Ventura, California remains somewhat to completely surreal to me. In reflecting upon the last year of my life I am continually amazed at the active power of God's grace in and through my life. I am aware of the reality of life's struggles. I remember going back to things I left, things I swore I didn't want, even after returning to a life of faith. At some point though the reality of a tainted nature was illuminated. We all fight against sin's gravitational pull daily, but it's by grace through faith that we can partake of a new nature which pulls us to a higher standard.


WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT, the rebellious “PK” who was confused for so long would turn around with a new desire for the Spirit of God. WHO COULD HAVE IMAGINED, the kid that despised his Father's call to ministry would one day be slapped with a passion and vision for someday having his own.


I certainly would have been the last one to predict where I went, along with where I am today. And yet, I am who I am because of where I've been, because of what I've been through. Amazing grace seems to come to mind... “I once was lost, but now I'm found, once was blind, but now I can see.” You'll have to excuse my constant reminiscing. It's just, so much change has taken place in so little time. I am now in hot pursuit of one day stepping into a pastoral role. I want to answer the call to ministry, I want to be a leader, an influence in the local church, and ultimately THE WORLD.


Why should I put boundaries on where I can go and on what I can do? God knows no bounds. How can I justify putting limitations in place while he remains limitless?


Thanks for taking time to read!
Much LOVE - Garret