Monday, July 29, 2013

Yes, I went to Africa

Hey everyone,

It has been 2 weeks since I returned from Uganda, what an experience it was! I want to thank each and every person that made my mission possible. No matter the amount you contributed, you must know it was an investment.

I want to share a bit of what took place in Africa with you!

I pray that your faith will be stirred, and that an overwhelming burden for prayer comes on your life!

I remember the first morning in Uganda - I could barely sleep the night before. As I made my way downstairs, I grabbed some coffee (yes, there was coffee where we stayed!) I sat down outside in a small courtyard area. As I opened my Bible I couldn't help but hear a loud, droning sound – The sound of Muslims praying to Allah before the sun was up. I got so stirred up in my Spirit! Most young born again believers seem to struggle with getting up 30 minutes early to read the LIVING WORD. And yet before dawn I sat there, listening to the lifeless, religious sounds of Islam emanating over the city.

After one day at the guesthouse in Kampala, we journeyed across Lake Victoria to Jana Island for 5 solid days of ministry. I remember when I first saw where we would be staying. Something like “are you kidding me?” went through my head. It was uncomfortable to say the least. Nevertheless I went to sleep that night still stirred from my experience a day prior. - If Muslims were up before dawn praying, you'd better believe I'm gonna be out of bed too!

The next morning I was up around 4am. Like the morning before, I heard a continuous sound outside. I grabbed my phone for light and started getting dressed immediately. As I rushed out the front door I looked out into the field that surrounded this building. I was in awe as I saw a number Ugandans crying out to God. Many of them had been up all night interceding for our team - I'm talking about some serious, passionate, prophetic warfare. How could I do anything else but get out there!? Day after day we joined together, asking God to move on an Island controlled by witchcraft, prostitution and poverty. I'll say this much – He MOVED.

I have never seen the power of God in such a tangible, genuine way. As I preached to fishermen unravelling their nets on the shores of Lake Victoria, one after the other would accept the reality of Jesus Christ. I remember one young man, Abdu – Upon his faith-response, he started walking through a village at my side, translating on my behalf. Women and children began to run out of their homes “What must I do to be saved!?” they would cry out.

My life and my faith will never be the same. These are a few of many encounters I had in Uganda.

1 Peter 4:7 (NLT)
  • “... be earnest and disciplined in your prayers.”
Who will begin to speak the promises of God over their church, their city, their nation? The Lord is raising up a generation that is earnest and disciplined in the secret place, and I say that such a generation will surely encounter the miraculous, the very presence of God.